Donnerstag, 11. November 2010

Weekly Review 5

Another week passed by and a lot of things have happened. I fought with the Sri Lankan bureaucracy, went back to the Oktoberfest and right now I'm in a rainy Unawatuna.
I got an entry visa for Sri Lanka valid for one moth, back in Germany, and as I now know one month passes by quite fast. Even a little too fast, because I had only two days left to get my visa extended. Two days might seem like a lot, but not for Sri Lanka. We've been to the Immigration & Emigration Department three times by now and we still don't have our passports back. But we're working on it and maybe by the end of the week we'll be legal citizens of Sri Lanka for the next five month.
We decided to recover from our "visa trauma" with another visit to the Oktoberfest on Saturday. It was as great as the week before – the food, the music and the people, especially the people. We already got to know the band last week and we met with them this night again. It was the last night of the 10 day fair and that's why we really had to celebrate this night and we did and even parts of the next morning.
The Oktoberfest crew is although the reason why we are in Unawatuna right now. After their Oktoberfest act, they got a couple of days off to spend them at the beach in Una. As we didn't have anything better to do, and as Una was on our list of places to see for quite a while now, we decided to follow these guys down south. Right after we arrived and while we were looking for a cheap but nice accommodation it started to rain. And if I say rain I’m taking cats and dogs here. We should have checked the weather report, which says rain for the next couple of days, before we left, but now we are here and although it wasn't really sunny today, at least it didn't rain until the evening and the weather was good enough to get a nice sunburn. But I’ll tell you more about Unawatuna and our battle with the mosquitoes next week.
PS: I’m not late because I forgot, but because I wrote this text on my mobile and couldn’t upload it until today. Sorry about that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen