Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2010

Weekly Review 10

Another week past by and the end of the year get’s closer and closer, but that should not concern us in this post, at least not today. These posts are not about the future, they tell you about the past, the past week to be precise. And what a week it was. First of all let me say, I’m feeling much better. The Sri Lankan cold stood no chance against all the German meds I brought with me. Besides a mild cough, I’m more or less cured. And what is also worth mentioning: The rain finally stopped! It hasn't rained for the past three days! I'm pretty sure this will change again quite soon, but for now I hope the weather stays this way, so we can go on another trip this weekend.
The major theme of the week was once again university, especially one class: Stage and Performance. As I mentioned in the last WR, our first group presentation was coming up. The topic for all the groups was: Find a classic and a non-classic piece of art and try to apply concepts of Aristotle’s Poetics. My group chose music videos as the art form and therefore I had to spend quite some time browsing through youtube, looking for suitable music videos. That was the fun part of this assignment, the rest was unfortunately not that funny and I don’t want to bore you with all the dull details about setting up PowerPoint presentations, cutting videos, reading up on Aristotle, desperately trying to convince my group that we don’t have to dress up for a presentation, taking screenshots of important scenes, researching classical realism and all that stuff. Let’s just say, we managed to get our presentation done, we presented and we passed the assignment. Monday, was also Peter’s birthday, but as he was still recovering from the previous Saturday night, we did not really celebrate it. At least not yet, but I’m sure we’ll catch up on that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen