Donnerstag, 9. Dezember 2010

Weekly Review 9

Hey folks. I know, I missed another Wednesday, but believe me, I really wanted to write the WR yesterday evening, but I wasn’t feeling to well, that’s why I postponed it to today. I still feel quite sick, I might come up with a cold, but it’s a little better than last night.
Besides there isn’t much to tell you about the past week anyway, so I will just write a quick report and then concentrate on getting better.
University is really picking up, with the first group presentation right around the corner. At least for Steven and me, it’s still ahead of us. Peter was lucky to be in the first group and therefore he and his group already presented on Wednesday. Lately I feel like our days revolve more or less around the university and the work we have to do for it. Well, actually our days revolve around the university and rain.
It has been raining every day, for the past two weeks now, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to change soon. It is really really annoying and probably the reason why I’m sick. You can’t leave the apartment without risking drowning in a huge puddle on the street. It’s not even a constant light rain; no, it’s a full blown waterfall out of the sky. I heard somewhere, that Sri Lanka hasn’t had so much rain in December for the past 18 years. Aren’t we lucky?
But this review should actually not be about complaining, but should inform you what’s going on here in Sri Lanka. We have a new roommate at the moment. Felix, a friend of Peters from Germany, arrived on Sunday in Sri Lanka. It’s his first stop on a tour around the world, and right now he is living with us. We actually want to show him the island and want to travel around some more, but because of the weather these plans get constantly washed away. That’s also the reason why my WRs get shorter each week. There is nothing new going on. We established some kind of daily routine, but I hope we can break out of it again, quite soon. There are much more things and places I want to see, and want to tell you about.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen